Welcome to Information Services
The Information Services Department provides the technical programming support for a number of the District’s business-related applications and employs 31 full-time district-funded staff.
The IBM iSeries computer is the main server used for running the Business & Fiscal Services applications using a software package called TERMS – Total Educational Resource Management System.
In 2014 the District migrated from the TERMS Student Information System (SIS) to a hosted, web-based system called FOCUS.
I/S is responsible for the programming and administration of a number of other client/server and web-based applications which reside on servers maintained by the Information Technology Department.
The FirstClass email system, which resided in the IS Department since 1998, is being migrated to Office 365 Outlook where it will be managed by the Technology Services Department due to how tightly integrated it is with Active Directory and student accounts which have resided in Office 365 since 2014.
We also have a staff person dedicated to supporting the technical needs of the Transportation Department.
Survey data files reported to the Florida Department of Education
- Student surveys sent eight times per year (K-12)
- District funding from FL DOE is based on FTE calculations from the October and February surveys
- Student survey data also impacts school grades, class size, VAM, McKay scholarship, and more.
- Bonus FTE programs: Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), Industry-certified career or professional academy program
- Staff surveys sent four times per year
- Adult Education surveys called WDIS sent five time per year
Our Services | Finance & Business applications maintenance and customization
Email Administration (FirstClass is migrating to Office 365 Outlook in 2016)
Employee Portal Development, Maintenance and Customization
Facilities Management system maintenance and customization
Human Resources system maintenance and customization
IBM iSeries Operations
Osceola Data Management System (ODMS) data warehouse
Payroll system maintenance and customization
Student Information System (SIS) management and support
Web Application Development, SharePoint & Support