Gifted Endorsement Courses
- Nature and Needs of the Gifted (60 hours): Participants will be able to demonstrate knowledge of skills in the identification of the nature and needs of gifted students to include student characteristics, cognitive, social and emotional needs, history, and current research, and identification and placement.
- Guidance and Counseling of Gifted Students (60 hours): Participants will demonstrate knowledge and skills in guidance and counseling of students who are gifted to include motivation, self-image, intra and interpersonal skills, career options, emotional and social needs, and communication strategies.
- Educational Procedures and Curriculum for the Gifted (60 hours): Participants will align student data, student educational plans, curriculum timelines, informational resources and gifted education strategies to produce lesson plans and units of instruction for differentiated delivery in their classrooms.
- Theory and Development of Creativity (60 hours): Participants will demonstrate knowledge and skills in theory and development of creativity to include elements of creativity such as fluency, flexibility, originality, and elaboration.
- Education of Special Populations of Gifted Students (60 hours): Participants will demonstrate knowledge and skills in educating special populations for gifted students, including student characteristics and programmatic adaptations of students who are minorities, underachievers, students who are gifted and disabled, experientially disadvantaged and highly gifted.