ESOL Endorsement Courses
The English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Endorsement Courses are based on the teacher’s category. The following ESOL courses are offered in our district to meet the requirements for the categories. Please contact the Certification Office to determine your category and course needs.
- Competency 1 – Methods of Teaching ESOL (60 hours)
- Competency 2 – Applied Linguistics (60 hours)
- Competency 3 – ESOL Curriculum and Materials Development (60 hours)
- Competency 4 – ESOL Testing and Evaluation (60 hours)
- Competency 5 – Cross-Cultural Communications – (60 hours)
- Methods of Teaching ESOL for Category III teachers - (18 hours)